Principal Update: School Commencement 2022
Update 1 - 11 January 2022
Welcome to the commencement advice for the 2022 school year. You will be aware of decisions made by the Queensland Government in the last few days to vary the start of the school year from the planned 24 January 2022.
In summary I can advise the following:
- 24/01/2022 Children of essential workers can attend to be supervised on site*
- 31/01/2022 Year 11/12 students commence online learning from home.
- 31/01/2022 New Students (Year 7+) receive login and password for school access
- 07/02/2022 Years 7/8/12 commence learning on site (staggered times will be published)
- 08/02/2022 Years 9/10/11 commence on site (staggered times). All Year 7-12 on site.
*Children of essential workers will be supervised on site - formal teaching of 2022 curriculum will not commence. Only children of essential workers or vulnerable children will be able to attend school during this extended vacation period. Eligible students will be guided by staff from school entrance gates and they will meet in the school hall at 8:45am on Monday 24 January. Parents/carers are requested not to enter school premises.
- Formal academic learning for Years 7-10 will not commence until Monday 7 February. There will be no school facilitated online learning, however parents/students can access the Department of Education ‘Learning from Home’ materials if desired.
- The 2022 school year has been extended to now finish on 16 December 2022.
- Details of the uniform shop revised opening days/times will be provided shortly.
- New Enrolments will be managed online and a dedicated school website space will provide the necessary detail, including interview requirements.
- The school office will now open on Monday 24 January with limited staff.
- Teachers will be working remotely where possible in the weeks of 24/1 and 31/1
- New Students (Year 7+) will receive school login, password and timetable in the week beginning 31/01/2022.
It is my intention to provide good communication to our school families and I know you’ll understand that our planning will need to adapt to any changing advice from Queensland Government.
Please take great care and I look forward to the opportunity to meet families on site when permitted.
More information soon.
Mark Rickard, Executive Principal