Thank you for your ongoing support as we work together to respond to the evolving COVID-19 situation.
24 January 2022 – Students of Essential Workers and Vulnerable students can commence.
Some important points
- If you need to send your student to school you must ensure that your student is well and not displaying any signs of sickness.
- Parents of students at school who are sick will be contacted to collect their student immediately.
- Parents please drop students to school (or students walk/ride) to the Mediterranean Drive entrance and students will be met by Deputy Principals. Special focus will be on any new Year 7 students who will be assisted with their transition to our school site.
Onsite at school
- The Canteen will not be open until Monday 7 February 2022. Students will need to bring morning tea/lunch and drinks (other than water – bubblers on site). Students will not be permitted to leave the school site throughout the day.
- The Uniform Shop will be open on Monday 24 January 2022. This will be by appointment only to ensure our COVID Safe Plan is adopted. You can make an appointment via our website here.
- School staff will supervise any students who attend school. Students need to bring their charged laptop to school to access the Department of Education learning online portal. We will not be providing teaching activities during this time, nor are you expected to supervise remote learning for students who remain at home.
- However, if you would like to support your child’s learning during this time you can access the Department of Education’s learning@home website. This site contains a range of student learning material and links to other high-quality education websites.
- The Office will be closed to the public however all services will be provided by telephone or online to ensure we can serve you. Payments to the Finance Office will be via BPoint, otherwise please email firstname.lastname@example.org to make alternate payment arrangements.
- All students must bring a mask and wear it during the school day. Students with medical exemptions will be verified by school staff who will contact parents/carers.
I encourage you to stay informed of the latest developments relating to COVID-19 by regularly visiting the Queensland Government website.
The Department of Education will continue to keep all principals up to date with any further changes to schooling over the coming weeks and I will continue to provide parents with this information as it becomes available. Further information for parents has been developed including frequently asked questions.