Why not become an EQI homestay host?
Homestay hosts come in all shapes and sizes. Everyone has an opportunity to play a part in sharing their life, home and provide memories and cultural experiences to an international high school student. Homestay families provide our international students with a secure and welcoming place to live and practise their English language skills in a real home setting. The length stay may vary from a term to an entire year.
- Financial assistance in the amount of $640 a fortnight (per student) to help cover costs of hosting an international student.
- Cultural links and friendships with students and families from around the world.
- A lifetime of memories.
- A clean, safe and friendly home
- A private bedroom with a desk and suitable storage space for the student’s clothes, personal belongings and study materials.
- Three nutritious meals per day.
- Assistance to access transport to and from school and for school-related activities.
To ensure student safety, each adult (aged 18 and over) in your household is screened via a police check and must obtain a ‘Blue Card’, Queensland’s monitoring system for people, who work with children.
For more information about becoming a homestay host, please contact our