We are excited to tell you that starting in Term 3, 2021 Benowa SHS is transitioning to a new student attendance program called Compass. Compass is a web-based system that is accessible on any modern web browser (Edge, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari or Internet Explorer) or by using the Compass iOS or Android apps.
Compass has many additional features that will be rolled out strategically over the next 12 months.
NOTE: Our current SMS absence line will no longer be available for reporting absences. The preferred method to report an absence is via Compass app.
Watch your email! Every family receives a separate login to Compass. Parents will be provided with a unique username and password sent via email on Friday 18 June 2021 (please ensure you check your junk folder).
- Credentials sent via email are used to access Compass.
- These details should NOT be shared with your student as permission for absences and excursions should only be given by parents.
- Please keep your login details in a secure location.
If you still experience difficulties logging in, email firstname.lastname@example.org to request further support.
While you are waiting for the access email, you can download the Compass School Manager app from your app store.
What new things can you do?
- Check your student's attendance in real time on the website or the app
- Easily communicate with your student's teachers
- View your student's timetable and school events
- View daily notices and the school calendar
Coming features (deployed over the next 12 months)
- Book parent/student/teacher conferences
- View Semester Reports
- View and complete permission forms
- Monitor your student's homework and assessment tasks