Screen and Media fosters creative and expressive communication.
Students learn about screen and media as our primary sources of information and entertainment. They understand that these are important channels for educational and cultural exchange, and are fundamental to our self-expression and representation as individuals and as communities.
Prestige Service Training (RTO: 31981) offer this course which will be taught at school by a Prestige Service Trainer under the supervision of a Benowa SHS teacher.
This qualification reflects the role of a skilled operator in digital video, radio and online content creation or a skilled assistant in the film and television production services who applies a broad range of competencies in a varied work context, using some discretion and judgement and relevant theoretical knowledge.
There are no entry requirements. Students MUST have their own laptop for use in every class.
This is a one year course.
This qualification can provide a pathway to work or university. A career in information technologies, creative industries and diverse fields will demand skills learnt during this course.
Students can continue their studies by completing a Certificate IV or Diploma.
QCE / ATAR BENEFITS
QCE = up to 8 points towards your QCE and counts as a core subject.
ATAR = a certificate III may be counted towards your ATAR eligibility.
A range of assessment strategies will be used including:
- Practical tasks / experiences
- Hands-on activities involving customer service
- Group projects
- e-Learning projects
Evidence contributing towards competency will be collected throughout the program. This process allows a student’s competency to be assessed in a holistic approach that integrates a range of competencies.
11 Units of competency comprising of 3 core units and 8 elective units.
Certificate III in Screen and Media-CUA31015
- BSBWHS201: Contribute to health and safety of self and others
- BSBCRT301: Develop and extend critical and creative thinking skills
- CUAIND301: Work effectively in the creative arts industry
- CUACMP301: Implement copyright arrangements
- CUACAM201: Assist with a basic camera shoot
- CUAPOS201: Perform basic vision & sound editing
- CUAWRT301: Write content for a range of media
- CUADIG201: Maintain interactive content
- CUADIG303: Produce & prepare photo images
- CUADIG304: Create visual design components
- CUAANM301: Create 2D digital animations
FEES: $1320 per student. Payment plans are available.