After extensive research and consultation the Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) program has now been introduced to include students within all year levels from 2015 onwards. Every teacher at Benowa SHS aims to integrate the use of technology into their lessons.
The BYOD has the varied functionality that will allow students to consume information as well as produce information in a mobile form through:
- having instant access to resources and assessment for all classes
- some textbooks available in PDF format. This not only alleviates the need to carry heavy textbooks in their school bag, it provides on-demand access to these rich resources
- a wide range of classroom web tools as part of the ever-evolving digital platform for learning
- 24/7 access to technology for students
- access to teacher resources through the use of MS OneNote.
Why BYOD? - Bring/Buy Your Own Device
The school has a clear objective to have every student with BYOD access for school. Although having a BYOD laptop is not mandatory, there may be an impact on a student's accessibility to certain resources, e.g. Online textbooks for subjects where no hard copy textbooks are available.
If you have any queries regarding this program please contact us at BYOD@benowashs.eq.edu.au