2022 Academic Achievements
We are very proud of the achievements of our year 12, 2022 cohort. Every single student graduated from Benowa State High School with a valuable pathway. Many of our students will embark on their university journey, others will join TAFE, continue in their apprenticeships or join the workforce full time.
Our 2022 results reflect how highly effective Benowa State High School teachers and support staff are in working across a dual system: the new Queensland Certificate of Education and the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme. We are excited about the success of both programs. Many students received outstanding ATAR scores and to have a high number students in the IB reach a score of high 30s and one student a 42 (out of a maximum of 45) is quite exceptional internationally.
ATAR score information
- 99.60 highest ATAR score
- 3.5% achieving an ATAR above 99
- 4% scored an ATAR above 98
- 18.5% of ATAR students scored an ATAR higher than 90
- 42 highest IBDP* score (99.1 ATAR equivalent)
- IBDP mean score 31 (85.1 ATAR equivalent)
These numbers include students awarded one or more vocational education and training (VET) qualifications.
- 87% of students completed a Certificate III or higher (Diploma) qualification
- 162 students received a university offer
- 85% received their first course preference
Something to be very proud of and we would like to thank our whole school community for their support in making sure our students are well equipped to enter the world beyond school.
* IBDP - International Baccalaureate Diploma Program