2021 Academic Achievements
Our 2021 results reflect how highly effective Benowa State High School teachers and support staff are in working across a dual system: the new Queensland Certificate of Education and the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme. We are excited about the success of both programs. Many students received outstanding ATAR scores and to have a high number students in the IB reach a score of high 30s and one student a 44 (out of a maximum of 45) is quite exceptional internationally.
ATAR score information
- 99.75 highest ATAR score
- 44/45 highest IBDP* score (99.75 ATAR equivalent)
- IBDP mean score 35.15 (92.6 ATAR equivalent)
- 41 students achieving ATAR score of 90 or above
- over 40% achieving an ATAR score (or IBDP equivalent ranking) above 95
These numbers include students awarded one or more vocational education and training (VET) qualifications.
- 77 students attained a Diploma qualification
- 114 students attained a Certificate III or Certificate IV qualification
- 162 students received a university offer
- 85% received their first course preference
* IBDP - International Baccalaureate Diploma Program