- President: Donna Fraser
- Vice President: Daniel Campbell
- Treasurer: Leigh Manton
- Secretary: Balakrishnan Senthl Kumar (aka SK)
What is a P&C?
P&C is the Parents and Citizens association where a group of volunteers (usually parents) meet regularly to provide feedback to the school, promote student and school interest, invest in school development and contribute to school enhancements.
In recent years the P&C has financed the library refurbishment, outdoor seating, instruments for the music program and air-conditioned the entire school.
We meet the third Wednesday each month at 5.30pm in the W Block conference room. Everyone is welcome and invited!!
Parents contribution scheme
The parent contribution is a voluntary payment of $50.00 per student, $80.00 for two students or $100.00 for families with more than two students. On payment you are issued with a receipt from the Benowa State High School P&C Association Building Fund, which is tax deductible.
For information regarding the voluntary parent contribution scheme please email us for more information firstname.lastname@example.org.
As the P&C does not fundraise, this contribution is directed into the school projects, managed by the P&C. Your contribution is much appreciated and without such contributions, Benowa State High School would not be as well resourced as it is today; every student benefits from the contributions.
Projects undertaken by the P&C in recent years have included:
- assisting with the installation of air conditioning in the Sports hall
- building a new Performing Arts teaching precinct
- refurbishing existing Performing Arts building
- renovating and extending existing school canteen and uniform shop building;
- financial assistance with students representing the school, region, and state in sporting and academic events
- providing academic, music and sport scholarships to Year 7 students
- contributing funds to the school merit scheme for students attending 'Gold day out'
- contributing funds to purchasing staff uniform shirts.
school canteen is operational during the school academic year and for special functions as advised by the school principal.
The canteen is managed by a full time manager, employed by the P&C and supported by permanent part time and casual staff.
The shop is normally open for trading 5 mornings:
Monday to Thursday - 8am to 12pm
Friday - 8am to 9am
Trading hours are excluding school holidays and public holiday. We may have special hours or days particularly around the start of year, so please check our Uniform Shop page for specific information.
For further information regarding the canteen or uniform shop please call (07) 5582 7352 or
Benowa State High School P&C Association recognises sporting excellence amongst our student population. In recognition of those students who make Queensland School Sport (QSS) representative sporting teams and contribute fully to the sporting program at Benowa State High School, the Director of Sport nominates students to the P&C to receive financial assistance. The Director of Sport will distribute these forms to students in Term 3 or 4, with payment to be made at the end of the school year.
Students who are eligible may receive the following amounts;
- Regional Representative: competed in a South Coast team at the Queensland State Titles - $75.00
- State Representative: competed in a Queensland team at the National Titles - $100.00
- National Representative: competed in an Australian team at the International Titles - $250.00
Please note that financial assistance is capped at $250.00 per student, per year.
Whilst the P&C is often not seen at the forefront of the schools identity, our role amongst the school community is highly valued by both the administration of Benowa State High School and staff alike.
The Benowa State High School P&C strives to provide each student with their full potential because we believe 'Our children, our future'.